The air conditioner moves air from outside to inside, and it cools the air in the process. The heat pump cools air by pumping heat out of the air.
Check for Problems
Consider the hazards of the outdoor environment and weather.
- Check for debris in condensing coils.
- Check for damage to condensing coil fins.
- Ensure fan bearings are lubricated.
- Check for damage to the fan.
Do Maintenance Work
To properly restore your system to working order, follow these steps for the safety of you and your machine.
- Turn system off.
- Remove grilles and motor.
- Use vacuum to clean coils.
- Use comb to straighten fins.
- Use level to ensure proper slope
Once you have accomplished these things, turn your well-maintained system back on.